In the winter I love the smell of something percolating in the crockpot all day long. This is a great recipe I’ve adapted from paleomg.com. It’s a sweet potato basil soup that is so easy to make and quite delicious. It’s great alone or served over a little bit of brown rice or quinoa. You can make this on the stove top or in a crockpot.
1. Heat oil in a pot and sauté onion, garlic, and ginger until onions are golden brown.
2. Add spices.
3. Cook for another minute.
4. Mix in the pureed sweet potatoes.
5. Add coconut milk and bring to a gentle boil.
6. Lower the heat to warm, cover, and cook to let the flavors develop for 10-15 minutes.
7. Puree with a blender. I like to use a handheld immersion blender.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
9. Add a few tablespoons of water to thin if needed.
If you want to try this in a crockpot, add all of the ingredients and cook on high for one hour and then low for 3 or 4 hours more.
Enjoy! I’d love to any additions or variations you come up with. Leave me a comment below.
In Love -Ahlea
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.